Top Reasons for Migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2
Ecommerce has been an integral part of not just the business owners but all of us. Simultaneously, e-commerce is interlinked with the popular platform Magento. According to reports, out of 185,158 Magento stores, only 62,384 have migrated to Magento 2. The rest of the business persons using Magento are vulnerable to getting exposed to unsupported software. It's because Magento 1.x is rounding off its support, and those individuals who fail to upgrade Magento 1 to Magento 2 will be facing multiple security issues and other problems.
Comparison based on support
So, here are the top reasons why you need to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2. Check it out.
- Enhanced Support: Any content management system without proper support is prone to data insecurities and vulnerabilities. With a spike in web skimming and malicious attacks, web information is at a high risk of getting hacked and infected with alien codes that can steal sensitive customer data. Thus, rigid support is what your business requires in the first place. Magento 2 is sufficiently active, extending strong support to back your business information and other sensitive data.
- Architecture: The entire design of Magento 2 is mobile-friendly and responsive that allows for delivering a perfect checkout experience and other transactions. The admin panel is touchscreen-friendly and makes it easy to navigate through your device. Magento 2 is superior to Magento 1 in multiple aspects. It has got an improved checkout process that is safe and straightforward. It allows for recognizing the visitors and offers a display of the active shipping rates based on a specific region or location. Magento 2 also offers several payment gateways so that you can integrate with your preferred payment module conveniently.
- Speed & Performance: Magento 2 is undoubtedly the most scalable and fast-performing platform in many ways. Firstly, Magento 2 possesses an improved indexer that helps in increasing the speed of query performance. Besides, it utilizes a prominent HTTP accelerator technology, Varnish Cache that simplifies cache requests and enhances overall speed.
The role of Magento 2 in supporting advanced reporting is also laudable. Since reporting is a crucial aspect of any e-commerce process, Magento 2 has advanced reporting features that offer 20 reports through its web interface. This impeccable feature gives insights into critical points such as orders, shipping charges, customers, products, etc.
Dashboard: Magento 2 bears a well-devised dashboard that lets you know about various significant business areas such as sales, Catalog, Customers, Marketing, Content, Reports, Stores, and systems.
Comparison based on architecture
In the sales section, you can derive the information related to orders, invoices, shipments, dispatches, credit memos, returns, billing agreements, and transactions.
In the catalog, you get information about various products that are available for sale, temporarily available or are going to be launched soon.
On the other hand, you get to handle various customer details and information in the customer section.
The marketing section involves promotions, private sales, communications, and more.
The content section allows you to customize and manage your store content and design.
In the reports section, you receive various reports that include customer reviews, product status, sales reports, etc.
With the store's settings, you can configure your store views, set tax zones, rules, and ratings, and do lots more.
Comparison based on Speed and Performance
Finally, in the system sections, you get general configuration settings that involve data transfer, extension, tools, support, permissions, etc.
- SEO: Magento 2 has been quite successful in devising specialized settings to enhance the SEO. Under the marketing section, you can be aware of the keywords or search terms that your customers often use and thereby engage more traffic in your store.
- Increased Security: Security is one of the prime concerns for business owners all over the globe. Magento 2's increased security is one of the main reasons leading e-commerce brands like Tile Giant, Land Rover, and others have opted for an up-gradation to Magento 2. Magento 2 has reportedly put an optimum focus on secure data handling, including encrypted user details and checkout process in the first place. It ensures the fulfillment of complete security in each step of the e-commerce web development process. This includes the following:
- Password: Magento 2 ensures enhanced password security through SHA-256 hashing algorithms within its password management system.
- 2-Factor Authentication: A 2-factor authentication extension is provided by Magento 2 for ensuring ultra-security through an additional security checking step.
- Dynamic Backup Plan: For increased security, Magento 2 offers e-Commerce store owners to acquire a full backup of their Magento store files via an FTP client. Through this, the store owners can have an hourly offsite backup plan and downloadable backups to ensure that the e-commerce store can restore valuable data if hackers attack it.
- Unique Admin URL: The Magento 2 store offers a unique admin URL to ensure a secure envelope of protection, making it less likely for cyber attackers to locate it.
- Development Environment: Magento 2 offers an optimal development environment for the business owners and makes the entire development process faster with better options like Magento DevBox Beta.
By now, you must have understood the significance of upgrading Magento 1 to Magento 2. It has brought a revolution in the world of e-commerce business and will evolve much more and contribute greatly to the cause in the years to come.
No more Comments
- Using so many forms on your website for different purposes? ExpressionEngine can handle with ease
- Why ExpressionEngine is a good choice for E-Commerce Store Development
- A CMS Comparison - ExpressionEngine Vs Craft CMS Vs WordPress
- ExpressionEngine 6 is now available!
- PHP 7.2 has reached the end of life-what to do next?
- Top Reasons for Migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2
- Grocery App Development Company USA
- GoodFirms Interviewed CEO of top Web Development Company of Washington
Follow Us on Facebook
Subscribe to our Blog
Recent Blog Posts
Welcome to the world of most powerful, customize, secured and reliable CMS (Content Management System) ExpressionEngine.
Due to the incredible… Read More
Welcome to the world of most powerful, customize, secured and reliable CMS (Content Management System) ExpreesionEngine.Read More
In the world of website development, if you look for any CMS to build your website then there are three… Read More
PHP is an HTML embedded web development language for potential variables. Rasmus Ledrof created it in 1994. This is a… Read More